I work as an Economist at the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland. (Disclaimer: this is my private site, the views expressed here are my own and not those of the BIS).
My research interests revolve around macroeconomics, systemic risk, interbank networks, financial stability and econometrics. You can find my CV in the CV Section to the left or in pdf here (updated December 2016). Below you can find a summary of my research (for more details see Research section):
- External financing and economic activity in the euro area – why are bank loans special? (2017), with R. Unger. BIS WP 622. Also Bundesbank DP 04/2017. NEW!
- Multiplex interbank networks and systemic importance – An application to European data (2016), with I. Alves. Journal of Financial Stability (forthcoming). Also ECB Working Paper 1952.
- Systemic loops and liquidity regulation (2016), with E. Faia. Journal of Financial Stability, Vol 27, pp 1-16.
- Input-Output-based measures of systemic importance (2015), with I. Angeloni. Quantitative Finance, 15:4, 589-606.
- Shedding light on dark markets: first insights into the new EU-wide derivatives dataset (2016), with J. Abad, C. Aymanns, M. D’Errico, L. Fache Rousová, P. Hoffmann, S. Langfield, M. Neychev and T. Roukny. ESRB Occasional Paper 11. NEW!
- Bank networks: contagion, systemic risk and prudential policy (2016), with D. Delli Gatti & E. Faia. BIS WP 597. Older versions: CEPR DP10540, CESifo WP 5182, SAFE WP 87. Updated December 2016.
- Syndicated lending and CDS hedging, with A. Barth. In progress.
- Policy regimes, bank business models and the risk-taking channel of monetary policy, with K. Park. In progress.
- Vertical fiscal imbalances and the accumulation of government debt (2014), with M. Seiferling. IMF Working Paper 14/209. (Also SAFE WP 61).
- Less aid proliferation and more donor coordination? The wide gap between words and deeds (2010), with Peter Nunnenkamp & Rainer Thiele. Journal of International Development, Vol 22, pp 920-940, Oct. 2010. (Also Kiel Institute WP 1516).